Centre in Reproductive Health Innovation
University of Benin, Benin City
- Center Leader(s):
Prof. F.E Okonofua / Prof. Obehi Okojie
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Key Academic Partners
National and international partners including:
- University of Benin Teaching Hospital
- University of Ibadan and its Teaching Hospital
- Ahmadu Bello University and its Teaching Hospital
- University of Ghana
- University of Mali
- Harvard School of Public Health
- Aberdeen University
Existing Industry/Private Sector Partners
- Nigerian Institute for Medical Research and Training (NIMR)
- Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research
To implement high quality training and applied research for reproductive health professionals needed to build new cohort of human resource for reducing region’s high burden of fertility unsafe abortion, maternal mortality and HIV/AIDS.
1) MSc and PhD in Reproductive Health
2) MPH and PhD in Public Health with specialization in Reproductive and Family Health
3) MSc and PhD in Nursing Sciences
4) MSc and PhD in Health Economics.
As part of its mandate of building capacity and ensuring that the capacity gained is translated into practical solutions to the myriad of reproductive health problems in Africa; the Centre established the CERHI Medical and Research Laboratory (CMARL). The core mandate of CMARL is to develop regional laboratory capacity to support HIV/AIDS and other reproductive health related problems.