Pan African Materials Institute
African University of Science and Technology, Abuja
- Center Leader(s):
Prof A. P. Onwualu / Dr. Shola Odusanya
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Academic Partners
National and international partners including:
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)
- University of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ, United States
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Akwa, Nigeria.
- Stanford University, USA.
Existing Industry/Private Sector Partners
- The Sheda Science and Technology Complex (SHESTCO), Abuja, Nigeria
- National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI), Abuja, Nigeria
The center’s research work is sub-divided into three main fields namely, Focus Research on Biotechnology (FRG BIOTECH), Focus Research Group on Renewable Energy (FRGRE) and Focus Research Group on Multifunctional Activities. The Pan African Materials Institute (PAMI) uses a systems-based interdisciplinary approach to undertake training and research activities in the areas of materials for solar energy, health, water purification and affordable housing/infrastructure through the afore-mentioned Focus Research Groups. PAMI has already graduated a total of 15 PhDs, 8 M Sc and 862 people with 40 contact hours study in PAMI hands-on training activities. PAMI has published up to 107 international high-impact factor journal papers and its graduates are well sought after by industries. Many PAMI graduates have found employment locally and across the globe.